Androgens, FSH and LH
Prolonged or heavy periods can be explained by low prolactin and abnormally high Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). FSH and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) allow menstruation and ovulation to continue. Light or a delay in menstruation can be explained by high prolactin levels
High amounts of androgens, high amounts of LH, a presence of hirsutism, and poor insulin sensitivity are associated with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). It is uncertain if a lack of aromatase (the conversion of androgens into estrogens), or if too much aromatase which is coupled with high amounts of androgens contribute to PCOS. Exercise is commonly used as a treatment for PCOS to lower abnormal amounts of androgens caused by negative feedback due to insulin insensitivity.
Androgen insufficiency in women is rare, except in late reproductive years and afterwards. A few symptoms of adrenal insufficiency are fatigue, loss of libido, loss of appetite and nauseousness. Adrenal androgens play a role in women’s health, for instance, for causing growth spurts during puberty.
This is an excerpt. Read breast-endocrinology.pdf or super-bazongas.pdf for more.
- Adrenal Insufficiency and Addison's Disease. NIDDK. 2016. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/endocrine/adrenal-insufficiency-addisons-disease/Pages/fact-sheet.aspx.
- Androgen insufficiency in women: diagnostic and therapeutic implications. Hum. Reprod. Update (September/October 2004) 10 (5): 421-432. https://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/10/5/421.long.
- Involvement of androgens in ovarian health and disease. Mol. Hum. Reprod. (2013) 19 (12): 828-837. https://molehr.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/12/828.long.
- Androgen actions in the ovary: balance is key. J Endocrinol September 1, 2014 222 R141-R151. http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/222/3/R141.long.
- Li X, Feng Y, Lin JF, Billing H, Shao R. Endometrial progesterone resistance and PCOS. J Biomed Sci. (2014) Jan 9; 21 (2). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3917599/.
- Ovary. Encyclopædia Britannica. 2012. .
- Androgen. Encyclopædia Britannica. 2012. .
- Growth and Development: Human Growth and Development. Encyclopædia Britannica. .
- Super Bazongas. https://breast.is/ebook/super-bazongas.pdf.