Cosmetic breast surgery: risks, complications
There are risks and complications for any type of cosmetic surgery. These problems are often de-emphasized by its advocates, and complication statistics are not readily made available or are shoved aside. Complication statistics from cosmetic surgery even appear to be under-reported. Botched operations, and psychological repercussions are some of the risks of cosmetic surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is a multi-billion dollar business, and cosmetic surgery advocate websites are often written like advertisements that refer to womens' self-image. Unfortunately, cosmetic surgery can lead to or complicate body-dismorphia or the idea of poor self body image. Self-image is about perception, when usually there is nothing wrong to begin with, and self-confidence comes from your mind. In my opinion, cosmetic surgery is useless as a desire, and vain. Cosmetic surgery is different than reconstructive surgery, which has useful purposes.
Results of breast enlargement surgery are fake, and not intended to be permanent. Implants, unless they rupture or leak much sooner, last between 5 to 15 years, then another surgery has to be done to replace or remove that. A large percentage of women have other complications from silicone or saline implants. There are inconveniences such as scar tissue that forms around implants, and some women who have difficulties breastfeeding.
In 2015 there were approximately 280,000 surgical breast enlargement procedures done in the United States. This same year, about 9,650 had surgical breast augmentations done in the UK according to BAAPS' data. A U.S. sample study of 455 women who had implants was conducted by Allergan to investigate the statistics of complications. Of this survey, approximately 1/4 of women who received implants had to be re-operated on in less than 4 years. About 1/3 of women had to be re-operated on in 10 years, with a total of 20% of women experiencing ruptured implants.
Some patients who had complications are refused as patients by plastic surgeons who previously performed breast implants on them. This is from an industry who encourages women to go under the knife for profit.
Herbal breast enhancement
Read the guide to help you achieve your natural breast enhancement desires. breast-endocrinology.pdf investigates biology, and the guide investigates different herb properties' effects for the right combination for continued and safe breast growth.
Some have had successful herbal breast enhancement by using the information available on this website.
Blog contains updates, and here is background information on a case of successful natural bust enlargement.
Herb program after lift and reduction
I had a breast lift and reduction to help with assymetry, however they ended up much smaller than I would have liked. Could following a herb program still work for me?
The program for herbal breast enhancement is expected to work after a reduction and/or breast lift. Some successful herb programs may of had breast procedures before starting. Assymetry is perfectly natural. The intent of this website was to make invasive cosmetic procedures obsolete.
Breast enhancement; health blog
- Where Are the Facts on Breast Implants? Women's Media Center. http://www.womensmediacenter.com/feature/entry/where-are-the-facts-on-breast-implants.
- UPDATE 2011: are silicone breast implants safe? National Center For Health Research. https://www.center4research.org/update-2011-silicone-breast-implants/.
- Facts about Breast Implants. Our Bodies Ourselves. July 2, 2014. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/health-info/facts-about-breast-implants/.
- Breast implants. FDA. http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ImplantsandProsthetics/BreastImplants/default.htm.
- J Goudreau. The hidden dangers of cosmetic surgery. Forbes. June 16, 2011. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2011/06/16/hidden-dangers-of-cosmetic-surgery/#1e53ad9a7b2b.
- J Goudreau. Top 10 hidden dangers of cosmetic surgery. Forbes. June 16, 201. https://www.forbes.com/2011/06/16/top-10-dangers-cosmetic-surgery_slide.html.
- Annual plastic surgery statistics reflect the changing face of plastic surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Science Daily. February 25, 2016. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160225181636.htm.
- BAAPS. .