- α = Alpha
- 5α reductase = Enzyme that converts androgens or progesterone into a more potent form
- Agonism = Positive activation
- Alveogenesis = Creation of milk lobules
- Antagonism = Negative activation
- Aromatase = The bodily process of converting androgens into estrogens
- Differentiation = Conversion of one type of cell into another
- ERα = Estrogen Receptor Alpha
- FSH = Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- Galactogogue / Lactogogue = Breastfeeding herb
- LH = Luteinizing Hormone
- Mycoestrogen = Fungal Estrogen
- Mycotoxin = A toxin made by fungi
- PCOS = Polysystic Ovarian Syndrome
- POI = Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- PRB = Progesterone Receptor B
- PrlR = Prolactin Receptor
- Progestogen = Progesterones = Progestins = A class of hormone named after a specific hormone within it's group. They are pregnancy and luteal hormones. Progesterones are not to be confused with Estrogens.
- Phytoprogesterone = Phytoprogestin = Phytoprogestogen = Botanical progestogens.
- Radix = Root of plant.
- Spp. - genus; plural for species within a genus; When preceded by a (plant) genus (group), it means that genus and various species within it, or that genus as a whole.
- Sp. - species, singular; an unspecified species within a genus (of plant).
- Steroid hormones = consists of progesterone, androgen, estrogen, glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid hormones
- Steroid receptors = consists of progesterone, androgen, estrogen, glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptors
- 5α-dihydroprogesterone = 5α-DHP = 5α-pregnane-3,20-dione
- Allopregnanolone = Pregnanolone = 5α-THP = 3α-hydroxy-5α-pregnan-20-one
Breast enhancement; health blog
Blog updates: breast topics and health related content.