Clover has prolactin raising properties, and also is referred to as phytoestrogenic.
Clover is a plant genus that goes by the scientific name of Trifolium. It belongs to the Fabaceae family, also known as the Leguminosae (legume) or pea family.
"Clover disease" is a common ailment of birds and livestock who consume excessive amounts of clover, causing reproductive problems, including reduced gonad size, and reduced fertility. Clover disease can even eventually cause sterility, and this is a concern for humans too.
Clover's negative effects are possibly due to ERβ desensitization. Hormones must be balanced.
Red Clover; Trifolium pratense
Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) is one of the most popular varieties of Clover used for hormonal issues. It is known as a rich source of phytohormones.
Trifolium for breast enhancement
Taking clover during proliferative phase or ovulation will cause shrinkage. Clover requires the right companion herbs during secretory phase. Because the effects of hops are less pronounced on ERβ which is primarily expressed in the reproductive tract, it is a good replacement for clover. Clover and hops require different companion herbs.
From the above ground parts of the clover plant, the leaf has a higher density of phytohormones, and the flower has the least. If clover is used, the lowest potency is desired.
Herb timing and combinations' success for breast enhancement relies on menstrual phases.
Descriptions of results from combination herb use, potentially Trifolium or herbs with similar properties, can be seen in the program blogs of: anon03, anon04, anon05, Canadian Belle and hirsutism.
Fenugreek is a suitable replacement for clover, because it also has progestogenic properties which offer more balance.
If you have hirsutism, PCOS, hot-flashes, other signs of hormone imbalances, see estrogen-imbalance and treating hirsutism program before trying herbs. See precautions for more details of care to be taken with herb use. Proper nutrition is a consideration for health. Also, check for the latest blog updates about herb and hormone safety.
Herb concentrates can be tens of times more potent by weight than herbs in solid form. This can easily lead to hormone imbalances. For this reason, concentrate extracts are not recommended for extended or excessive internal use, especially during fertility years. Concentrates shouldn't be used to overcome plateaus. Another issue with herbal extracts, is that they may not have the full range of properties of the herb. Essential oils are not recommended for breast enhancement. If opting to use herb extracts, use no more than 1 drop at a time diluted in a food-grade carrier oil (like unrefined olive oil), or water.
Pictures of breast enhancement can be seen at the past program blogs of Bubblemelon and anon02.
breast-endocrinology.pdf describes the science of breast development and endocrinology. It also describes symptoms related to hormone imbalances. Biology and hormone imbalances are excerpts from this ebook. breast-endocrinology.pdf uses a Creative Commons (CC BY-ND 4.0) license.
super-bazongas.pdf is the 2nd volume that is a breast enhancement guide. It continues with a theory of herb use for breast development, and the application for herb use. This volume is free for personal and fair use.
For resources on hips and butt enhancement, see: /appendix/hips-butt-enhancement and /appendix/kettlebell.
Breast enhancement; health blog
Blog updates: breast topics and health related content.
- Berry W, Denison MS, Klasing KC, Millam JR, Rochester JR, Stevenson L. Dietary Red Clover (Trifolium Pratense) Induces Oviduct Growth and Decreases Ovary and Testes Growth in Japanese Quail Chicks. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;27(1). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2858001/.
- E Poluzzi, Carlo Piccinni, E Raschi, A Rampa, M Recanatini, FD Ponti. Phytoestrogens in Postmenopause: The State of the Art from a Chemical, Pharmacological and Regulatory Perspective. Curr Med Chem. 2014 Feb; 21(4): 417–436. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3963458/.
- Persistent infertility in ewes after prolonged exposure to oestradiol-17 beta : progesterone and estrogen together reduced fertility more than just either alone. http://www.reproduction-online.org/content/84/1/373.long.
- Wellness Mama. http://wellnessmama.com/26519/risks-essential-oils/.
Etymology & Definitions:
- Trifolium L. clover. http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=TRIFO.
- U.S. National Plant Germplasm System: Fabaceae. https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/taxonomyfamily.aspx?id=440.